Friday, October 16, 2009

Herbal Essences Deal at Rite Aid

This week there was a fantastic deal on Herbal Essences hair products at Rite Aid. I bought some $1/1 coupons from Ebay in anticipation of stocking up on my favorite shampoo that I don't usually buy because Suave is so much cheaper. I got them in the mail today so I ran by our local Rite Aid this afternoon and grabbed 10 shampoos and 2 hair products. Here was my plan:

10 Shampoos @ $2.50 = $25
2 Hair Products @ $2.50 = $5
$5 off $25 purchase coupon found HERE
10 $1/1 coupons
2 Buy One Hair Product Get One Free coupons (-$5)
Total Out of Pocket: $10

Spending $30 in P&G products earns a $10 Single Check Rebate so essentially it would have all been free.

Of course it didn't go as planned. The only checker available was a young woman and she rang up the first 8 coupons just fine and then decided to page a manager. The manager tried to tell me that I could only use ONE coupon for the entire transaction which I thought was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the issue was that I was buying quite a few of the same thing. If I had only bought two shampoos I highly doubt my coupons would have been questioned. After some discussion the manager finally said I could use the $1/1 coupons but couldn't use the Buy One Get One Free coupons. I stopped arguing at that point, just happy that I was still getting a deal without having to drive in to the next town to find a Rite Aid that didn't question all of my coupons.

My final total out of pocket wound up being $15 so after my $10 Single Check Rebate my shampoo for the next two years cost me $5. Not a bad deal even though it didn't work out quite as well as it should have.

1 comment:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Aw, it's too bad they questioned you!! I had a guy try to tell me that it was one coupon per transaction (but he didn't use that lingo) and I explained to him that one per purchase means a single item. Then, I batted my eyelashes and offered to show him the Rite Aid coupon policy that was printed out in my huge coupon notebook! He let it go. You still did awesome, though!! Wish my hair liked that shampoo. Mine gets all greasy with that brand. You got SUCH a great deal!!